With a unique program encompassing school, home, and future, AJLP delivers a high-quality classroom experience that strengthens both cognitive and character skills; empowers families to reinforce and extend their children's education at home; and facilitates primary school placements that will nurturing graduates' continuing success.
Our Program at a Glance:
- Small class size with 1:4 teacher-to-student ratio
- Highly educated faculty, majority with EdM
- Focus on literacy, numeracy, and communication—the tools necessary for success in later learning
- Small group lessons and one-to-one tutoring
- Yale RULER program to cultivate social-emotional skills
- Warm, ordered classroom filled with stimulating Montessori materials
- Music Together and integrated arts programming
- Raising a Reader literacy initiative
- Natural outdoor learning space
- After-school program and six-week summer camp
- Commitment to parent engagement
- Mandatory monthly workshops that empower
- Partnerships with Child First and Bridgeport Child Advocacy Coalition
- Relationships with schools across Fairfield County
- Application support and education about all K opportunities
Quality matters, and preschool programs that are high-quality have—by far—the greatest impact.
All aspects of AJLP were designed to reflect and advance the principles of high-quality early learning.